I got a dress using the sales app Depop. It’s a bit like eBay, but much better as you don’t have to scour through all the Chinese sellers. It is especially for people selling their second hand clothes. I picked this dress up for only £7, the only flaws being that it has crease marks from being on a hanger, which I am sure will come out with a good iron. Apart from that it looks like new. I would definitely would recommend the app for anyone who wants to bag a bargain, and doesn’t mind second hand.
As the dress looked pretty much new I thought I would go ahead and give a review of this Disturbia dress.
Disturbia Pentagram/ Wednesday Addams Dress Review
I got this dress because I love the whole Wednesday Addams look. So when I saw this dress so cheap I jumped at the chance. I wasn’t keen on the pentagram as I try to stay away from any kind of symbolism/religious themes on my clothes, but I thought I am probably going to wear a cardigan with this anyway, so I didn’t mind.
- The collar is lovely, thick and crisp. It falls very nicely and well made.
- The fabric is stretchy and gives a flattering fit because of this it is true to size.
- The printed design is thick and doesn’t look like it will crack and crease.
- The original price of this dress.
- It is very, very short! But I am 5ft 8
- The zip on the collar is quite bulky. As it pulls up all the way to the neck, it can be a little uncomfortable as you are always aware of it rubbing slightly.
In conclusion I am very happy with this dress…for the price. I looked up the original price of this dress and it is £40! I really don’t think it is worth that price. For that price I would expect something extra to make this dress worth it. For example: My Banned Apparel Moonlight Silence Keyhole Dress was £30.
These dresses are very similar, the fabric and cut is the same, however this was £10 cheaper but I think the added details like the embroidery, unique artwork and the keyhole cut makes the dress more worth the price tag.
All in all though I am very happy. So watch out for a OOTD post using this dress soon!
The Mad Magpie x