The Darkling Tag quiz has been hanging around Blogs and youtube for a while now so I thought I would give it ago. Although I don’t really class myself as a goth I think it will still be fun to do.
1.What is your favourite candle scent? Around Christmas when you get those lovely spicy cinnamon scents.
2. Do you have a favourite book? A really difficult question maybe Kafka on the Shore, because that was the first Haruki Murakami book I read and it made me want to read everything else he has written.
3. Are you a tea or coffee person? Definitely coffee nothing quite beats it on a cold morning.
4. What is your favourite brand & colour of lipstick? Well I am going to sound like a right cheap skate here and say this £1 Parma-Violets Purple lipstick for MUA. I find makeup shopping really difficult trying to remember what ones are Vegan, so these do just fine.
5. What is your favourite perfume/cologne? Alien by Thierry Mugler
6. Do you have a celebrity crush? Nope, I am really uninterested in the whole celebrity culture.
7. If you had to give up the colour black, what colour would you choose instead? Well I don’t always wear all black anyway. I like to add in pastels and always have a soft spot for bright red.
8. If you could change your name to a stereotypical 90s/2000s gothy name, what would it be? According to this gothic name generator I should name myself Jinx. Nice!
9. What are your top three tips for surviving hot weather while black clad? Currently not surviving that well myself. Stay locked in your room all day just wearing your underwear?
10. What song will always make you happy (doesn’t have to be a goth band)? Me and my other half might dance around to this whilst cooking dinner :O
11. Are you active in the arts (ex. Play an instrument, paint, write, etc)? Yes, I love being arty. I love painting, printmaking, sewing and photography.
12. If you had a teacup/mug inscribed just for you, what would you have it say? This:
13. What is your number one non-gothy hobby? Does gardening count?
14. If you could be a supernatural creature, what would it be & why? A demon? Plus side is some cool wings!
15. What horror monster-based super power would you have? Turn into a bat.
16. Do you feel confident or comfortable interacting with other Goths/gothy people? Why or why not? Not really. I am too shy.
17. Which is more important for a look: Great hair or great makeup? Great hair every time!
18. Is there something you wish there was more of in your subculture? More accessible to places to buy clothes and nicer lace on Gothic clothing.
19. Care to share an embarrassing story related to your “darkliness”? When I feel over not once, not twice but 5 times whilst wearing rocking horse shoes. I ending up twisting both ankles and a bleeding knee before I finally took them off and hobbled home 😥
20. How are you at DIY? Ok, I really enjoy it and I am always crafting away.
21.Quickly describe your ideal wedding Really small wedding, maybe outside in the evening. A Victorian inspired dress with a lot of bird aesthetics such as big feathers in my hair etc.
Confessional (aka True or False) Questions
- I love watching cheesy romance films: God NO!
- I ALWAYS remember to wash off my makeup at night: Ha, No
- I sleep with plushies: True, I have my cuddly chicken 😀
- I wear non-black pjs most nights: True, although I would like some black silk jimmys.
- I still listen to a boy band that had disbanded years ago: False, I never really liked boybands.
- I think Andrew Eldritch is overrated: Maybe, I am not a huge fan of The sisters of Mercy.
- I don’t like vampires: False
- I don’t like clubs: There has never been a goth/rock club near me 😥
- I’m dating a goth/darkly-inclined person: False.
- I don’t enjoy graveyards: False, They can be very beautiful.
- Blood makes me queasy: False.
- I’d sooner faint than pet a spider: False, Spiders are fine with me.
- I don’t like haunted houses: True, I am a bit of a wimp at heart.
- I still browse Hot Topic’s clearance racks: No Hot Topics in the UK.
- I’ve never read Dracula: True
- I think “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” is a long & boring song: False. although the backing music is a bit repetitive.